IACC, along with Fresno State and ACEL Fresno, are sponsoring “Civic Education, Religious Diversity, & Democracy”, a workshop and panel discussion with Dr. Charles Haynes on Saturday, April 13, 8:30AM-2:30 PM at Residence Dining Hall at Fresno State.
Charles Haynes, from the First Amendment Center, is the nation’s preeminent expert on First Amendment and religious issues in schools. For more info: www.firstamendmentcenter.org
8:30-11:30: Morning session will focus on education, religious diversity, and the First Amendment, with discussion of Tony Blair’s Face to Faith curriculum project
12:30-2:30: “Civic Education and Democracy in the 21st Century” Panel featuring:
- Charles Haynes, First Amendment Center
- Lori Grace, Doctoral Student at Fresno State and Principal at Hoover High School
- Dr. John Minkler, Program Director of the Academy for Civic and Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Deborah Brown, Madera County Teacher of the Year
- Moderated by Dr. Andrew Fiala, Director of the Ethics Center at Fresno State
To confirm attendance (for planning purposes) email Dr. Susan Schlievert at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you will attend the morning, afternoon, or both sessions.
Further information: Andrew Fiala, email@example.com