Race in Fresno: A Dialogue Between Pastors
September 26, 5:30- 8:30pm
at Westside Church of God (1422 W California Ave., Fresno, CA 93706)
No Name Fellowship &
Faith in Community (The PICO affiliate)
No Name Fellowship & Faith in Community are proud to invite you to a powerful night to listen to the Pastors of our city dialogue around the complex and at times heated issue of race in Fresno. We are positive that this conversation will be both respectful and transformative and model for congregants a way to continue this conversation in our churches and communities.
The diverse panel is designed to have the church body address the issue of race outside of our perspective silos. We are thrilled for this dialogue and exchange of perspectives.
The night will include optional dinner and table discussions following the event. Come and be a part of this historic and formational night!
- Paul Binion: Westside Church of God
- BT Lewis: Rising Star Missionary Baptist Church
- DJ Criner: Saints Rest Baptist Church
- Natalie Chamberlain: United Christian Church, Disciples of Christ
- Eli Loera: Christian Temple
- Brad Bell: The Well Community Church
- Jim Franklin: Cornerstone Church
- Father Gabriel Ruiz: St. Anthony Mary Claret
Dr. Matthew Jendian, Department Chair & Professor of Sociology at CSU Fresno
Dr. Francine Oputa, Director of the Central Valley Cultural Heritage Institute at CSU Fresno
Time: 5:30-9:00 Dinner: 5:30-6:15 (optional)
Table Discussion: 8:30-9:00